Sunday, February 22, 2009

I should have been a plumber

One thing I learned from advertising is that shit really does rise to the top. The numbers of completely incompetent people who became agency presidents, c.e.o.s, e.c.d.s and whatever is truly shocking. I witnessed battles between complete power hungry morons, sadists, thieves and people who in any other profession would have been kicked out on their asses. If it were in the Mafia for example they'd be stacking the bodies in the Traffic Department. The saying that 'the last one standing becomes sheriff is totally true'. Usually, the most quiet, least troublesome creative became e.c.d. after a big battle. Someone who they could often control. Now clients have more power than ever, and because of the mess Bush left us with, clients are not spending one penny. I heard that in the last 3 months 86,000 people were fired or laid off.
I should have listened to my grandfather and become a plumber.

No comments:

Post a Comment