Sunday, February 22, 2009

Working At Starbucks Saved My Life what b.s.

You know that book about the ad guy who got laid off and then got a job at Starbucks and had this karmic revelation that changed his life? And the book sold like a million copies? Well I just found out the whole story is total fabrication! It's an ad guy who had a 'big idea'. And once again some wanker tricked the American public!!! I wonder if he cut a deal with Starbucks in the first place.
Isn't it odd that the book came out just before Starbucks announced it was offering health insurance?
I've been trying to get a job overseas. I heard they were hiring in Dubai. But now that market is glutted. And I'm a Jew. I put down on the application that I was a Quaker.
Then I looked in Moscow. BBDO Moscow to be exact. I figured what the hell. If I get kidnapped by the Russian Mafia it can't be worse than working at Home Depot. But BBDO said they were full up. I asked where else I should try in Russia. The headhunter told me try Vladivostock sp?. But then I found out it had been a gulag for poltical dissidents. And the winter temp got to be like 150 below zero, before wind chill. The only account they had was , hell I don't think they had any accounts.

Anyone got any ideas? I suppose I could write a book called "Working in a gulag changed my life". But didn't Alexander Solchinetzan write that book?

1 comment:

  1. Well, when we hit bottom, there'll be a LOT of CEOs who cam see if Starbucks can save their lives...

    ReplyDelete